Friday, October 30, 2009

"Casting Couch"

The new television season has started and I've fallen victim to it. Thank god for the DVR.

Two new shows that I like this season are FlashForward and White Collar. Both feature FBI agents as some of the main characters. Evidently the writers and casting agents for both shows were on the same wavelength as they both have black male and lesbian agents in supporting [and not leading] roles.

Of course, maybe it's just me because I tend to notice patterns, commonalities and coincidences. For example, I theorized that there was an Entourage curse as many of the guest stars died within months of their appearance on the show for Seasons 2-4 [Chris Penn, Bruno Kirby, and Sydney Pollack]. No known deaths for Seasons 1, 5 or 6.

UPDATE: I just saw the latest episode of White Collar, and evidently they got rid of the lesbian agent played by Marsha Thomason and replaced her with a heterosexual female agent played by Natalie Morales [formerly of the underrated but cancelled sci-fi comedy The Middleman]. While that makes perfect sense to spice up the series by having sexual chemistry between the con man main character and the female FBI agent, it now throws a monkey wrench into my blog entry.

Talk to you later.

-Chris


1 comment:

MalikVlogs said...

this is a very good and informative site I love your all content and had great time visiting your site.
.thanks for this great information and keep posting good and informative content good luck : https://www.fdcmovies.com/