Saturday, November 8, 2008

"History"

For those of you with their heads stuck in the stand, history was made Tuesday night as...[I'm choking up here]...as...as the first Vice-President from Delaware was elected. How monumental is that??!!?

Seriously, I'm so happy that Barack Obama was elected President of the United States. But not because he is African-American, but because he is from a big city [Chicago]. I'm tired of the Republican monopoly that "America"and "American values" are somehow exclusive to smalll towns in middle America. Fuck that!!

Last Friday on Halloween, I attended the NYC Halloween parade in the Village. Lots of great costumes, but the strangest thing I saw wasn't someone dressed up but this...



When I first saw it, I thought maybe there some scene being acted out in the back of the truck but there was wasn't. It wasn't hauling a float either.


I'm guessing, the driver accidently made a turn somewhere and got stuck in the human traffic of the parade....or maybe it's actually a U-Haul truck.

-Chris

No comments: